Monday, February 22, 2010

An Interactive Session on ' Don’t Regret Later’


Saturnday Feb 20th 2010.

 I conducted an interactive session on the subject, “ Don’t Regret Later’, for the students of classes 9th and 11th,  of Kendriya Vidyalya school at Rangpuri, as per an earlier invite by the  Principal of that school.

This was the second interactive session conducted by me on the said subject at a school.  
The one hour session was an unforgettable experience for me. The response of the attendees during the session, and the written feedback by some of them end of the session was  amazing to say the least.

Following are the excerpts of the some of the responses. The same have been edited to address the grammatical errors only:


Respected Sir,

Your views were very useful. We promise you that we would do our best to follow your advise.
Thanking you Sir,
Laxmi Giri. Student of Class 11th

The session was very good because I realized certain facts of life. It was full of crucial aspects relating to the life of youngsters.

This session was very good. I learnt many things from you. The anecdotes relating to your own school days were really inspiring. We realized not to repeat such mistakes and stay away from certain so called friends who can lead one to the wrong path. Your emphasis on ‘one and only precious life’ was very inspiring to all of us.

It was a very bad day for me, because I had failed in my English exam. The question paper set by the teacher was so tough that I could not do anything, hence I failed, and became nervous subsequently. But Sir, you have told us so many things and have also opened my eyes. You are God for me Sir. My name is Abhishek and whenever I attain success I will remember you Sir.

I think that this session would be helpful to every student in this important juncture of life.  We really need to utilize our time properly, keep away from deadly addictions before it is too late. After all, we have one and only precious life. I liked your way of counseling by sharing your anecdotes with us.

I found the session to be interesting and inspirative. It dealt with all those issues which have a vital impact on our careers, health, and future life. Well, it is a human tendency to do things which are not right, considering them to be adventurous. But such things need to be thought carefully before doing the same.
The age in which we are in at present, forms the basis of every aspect of our lives ahead, and every action of ours would affect our parents, elatives, as well as the society.
So, we should do things after considering the likely impact , be on the right path, thus having nothing to regret upon later in our lives.
Swati – Student of Class 11th B

I was bored when I heard that we were to attend a lecture. But end of the session, I am quire surprized. This lecture would be a turning point for me. My very tough, unadventured mind has changed into a soft and adventurous one. I am using the word ‘lecture’. Sorry it was not a lecture, rather it was a piece of advise shared by an experienced individual who knows what is good and what is bad for life. I don’t want to be late in changing my mind and having to regret all my life.
Thank you
Lalit Kumar and Gang

It was good to hear the suggestions given by respected Sir. We really need these suggestions because they depict the reality which we have to face in our lives.

These pieces of paper, on which some kids in the most impressionable years of their lives, have expressed their feelings on this effort of mine, are perhaps the most prized and valuable possessions for me, which I would treasure all my life.

I am indeed overwhelmed and touched, for these kids have made me realize that I have been able to effect a positive change in them.

My Best Wishes to all of them!!!   
 
Navneet

No comments:

Post a Comment